One of our areas of emphasis is Uganda. CFC took its first short term trip to Uganda in 1989 and we have been going ever since. We work with the Ssentumbwe family, Ugandan nationals. Our work with this family consists of working in prisons, orphanages and schools. Recently we began working and adopted a school in Rakai, Uganda. Rakai is often called the birthplace of AIDS. The school is called Hope for Uganda. Already we have been able to provide clean water, latrines and a classroom building.
You can give to Hope for Uganda and bring children at Rakai Children's Village a gift of hope.
One excellent way to support Hope for Uganda is through sponsoring a child. Your sponsorship goes towards the child's school fees, meals, materials and housing.
Uganda Ministry Strategic Points
- We have a long term relationship (over 30 years) with godly in country leadership.
- Years of empowering the Ssentumbwe family in their ministry in prisons, schools and orphanages.
- A place to witness a ripe harvest area of the world where people are open and receptive to the gospel.
- A spiritually rich culture that speaks English and is warm and welcoming to Americans.
- A long term commitment to Uganda and Hope for Uganda School in Rakai.
- An excellent opportunity to sharpen and share your testimony with others.
- A chance to see material poverty at its worst, yet see people completely dependant on God.