This trip is designed for students entering the 7th, 8th and 9th grades in the fall. We're headed to Cincinnati OH to be a part of a work team.
Cincinnati is the perfect destination for your youth to serve and have fun this summer. At Cincinnati Week of Hope, teenagers serve alongside local non-profit organization leaders and encounter incredible ministries and organizations committed to making a difference and pointing the way to Jesus.
How You’ll Serve
Some projects might include:
- Assist a feeding ministry that serves over 8000 meals to kids across Northern Kentucky and Cincinnati daily. Participants will be helping prepare food for kids as well as interacting with these kids in games and arts and crafts.
- Help with day-to-day needs of a Christian camp including helping in the kitchen with meal service, cleaning, filling water coolers, painting and landscaping.
- Brighten a senior's day at the elderly center! Participants will be visiting, doing yard work, window washing, planting flowers, leading sing-a-longs and exercises and doing some light painting.
- Teach inner city girls dance! Female participants will mentor these girls through dance, no experience needed-participants will receive lessons.
- Assist with planning and implementation of a youth program for ages 6-13, including creative arts, physical education, education, devotions and lunch.
- Bring lunch to a park for children that have been identified as living in poverty. Participants will also have the opportunity to read and do other activities with the children.
- Participants will help at a humanitarian relief organization--sorting, inspecting and packing items including clothing, shoes, linens, books, food, personal care items, paper products, cotton based items, paint and medical supplies. They'll get to see what happens when a pallet is received and read the stories and see pictures of those helped. It is truly life changing!
Students will need to raise $350 to cover the costs of the trip.