WHO - This trip of 6-8 people is primarily for college-aged students and others who interact well with that age group. No specific skills are needed, but ESL and musical skills are helpful.
WHAT - This team will work with one of our long-time ministry partners in to put on an English Camp for college students. We will build relationships and connect students to other outreach programs from our partner throughout the year. If you'd like specifics, we can provide those in person.
DATES - June 29-July 9 or 10, 2023
COST - TBD (Approximately $3100), $100 deposit due with application
APPLICATION DEADLINE - March 5, 2023
Before applying for the trip, please read this information carefully. If you have questions prior to filling out your application, contact Allen B (team leader) or Andi in the CFC Office.
- If you have been on a CFC short-term trip in the last 5 years, you can fill out a Short-Term Trip REACTIVATION FORM. Otherwise, fill out the application below.
- Fill out all of the required information on the form. If it does not apply, put N/A for “not applicable.”
- You will be asked to provide references. If you are active at CFC, they should be your ministry leaders here.
- Note the application DEADLINE given for the trip. Applications might not be considered after that date.
- If you are under 18 at the time you are filling out the application, the form must also be signed by a parent.
- A DEPOSIT is required for each trip before your application is considered complete. The deposit is $100 for international trips and $25 for domestic trips. When you complete the form, you’ll be given a link to pay the deposit. You can also pay the deposit by check, but please be sure you put the name of the person applying and the trip name (John Doe, KZ trip) in the memo line. Please give the check to the team leader or to the bookkeeping department at CFC. This deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE unless you are not selected for the team or the trip is cancelled.
Please carefully read YOUR FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY:
- You are responsible for raising funds well in advance of the trip in order to purchase plane tickets, etc. Although we raise funds as a team, you are expected to actively raise support from your family and friends. If your funding is insufficient, and the team has also not met its goal, the remaining amount is your responsibility.
- You are responsible for the cost of your passport, immunizations, and some other items during travel, as well as personal items needed for the trip.
TEAM SELECTION AND TRAINING
- You may be asked to interview to be a part of the team. Not only does this clarify any questions that you might have as well as acquaint you to the process of team-building, but it also helps us get to know you and helps the team leaders and CFC Global Outreach Team know if this trip is a good fit for you at this time.
- Training to go on a trip is part of a discipleship process. There will be several team meetings prior to the trip as well as a debrief after. It is approximately a 6-month process.
- Once you have completed the application and submitted your deposit by the TRIP APPLICATION DEADLINE, you will hear from the team leader with next steps.