The Thanksgiving Offering and Food Drop has been a great tradition at CFC over the last several years with hundreds of you in the CFC Family giving a special offering to help feed those in need in the Tri-State, and then helping to deliver cases of food to over 30 pantries, shelters, and soup kitchens in Vanderburgh, Warrick, Gibson, Posey, and Henderson counties. It's great way to Love Local and love our neighbor. During the COVID-19 crisis, there has been more food insecurity than we have seen in a long time. There is a huge need for food, so we hope to deliver even more than in years past.
As you might expect, this year will look a little different. Here are some of the changes we expect:
- We will unload the semis with a forklift. As much fun as the fire-brigade style is, and it's a great way for everyone to participate, it doesn't allow for social distancing and would be difficult to do with a mask. Because of this change, most volunteers do not need to arrive until 10:30AM.
- All trucks delivering to the pantries will be assigned ahead of time. We need to know how many trucks we will have.
- We will have a team of a few people at each food item. By pre-arranged assignment, the trucks will drive through and the teams will load their trucks.
- We will request that the pantries have people to unload the items so that our teams can still stay socially distanced.
Here is what we need you to do:
- Consider giving to the Thanksgiving Offering before November 29th. We order the food on November 30, so we need to have the total amount prior. You can give ONLINE, or you can put "Thanksgiving Offering" on your check and drop it in the offering baskets in the foyer or mail to CFC.
- If you can serve with us on Saturday, December 12 at 10:30AM, please sign up on the form below. Let us know who will be serving with you, and if you can help deliver.
- Pray for these pantries that we are delivering too. Almost all of them are a ministry. Pray that as people come to get food that they are able to share Jesus with them.
- Pray for the families who will be receiving the food. Pray for them to get what they need both physically and spiritually.