Find Your Fit in Foster Care Panel Discussion
May is Foster Care Awareness month, and we want to help everyone at CFC find their fit in serving foster kids and families. There are many ways to serve, but would you prayerfully consider becoming a licensed foster parent or adopting an older child? Many of the children in foster care are older, many have special needs, and they have may never known a stable home and loving family. This is an opportunity to love these children like Jesus does.
On Sunday, May 21, several organzations will have tables in the foyer before and after services where you can ask questions, and we'll have a panel discussion of different ways to serve at 10:45 in Room 331. You don't need to sign up.
Some of the panelists will include:
- Indiana Department of Child Services (foster care)
- Indiana Kids Belong (kids legally free for adoption)
- CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate)
- Isaiah 117 House (temporary care of kids waiting for foster placement)
- Borrowed Hearts Foundation (supporting foster families through clothing, hygiene items, development, and a loving support system)
- CFC Care Communities (a group that cares for and prays for foster families)
- CFC Care Portal (providing items for biological families to help keep them out of foster care)
Find out more about all of these organizations and link to their websites HERE.