The CFC Specific Needs Ministry is not just for children with a diagnosis, but any child with a specific need that can benefit from one on one assistance. Our goal is to maximize the Specific Needs child’s experience as they develop relationships that will encourage their faith, grow in their knowledge and understanding of the Bible and be equipped to be fully functioning followers of Christ--loving God and loving others! God wants all His kids to be able to understand how much He loves them, and each of the Sidekicks are committed to showing the great love of Christ to each child in our Specific Needs ministry
Once your child is placed into this ministry he or she will be placed with a Sidekick. Sidekicks consistently work with and get to know your child so the child will feel safe. Your child will be safer, too, because there is an extra set of hands and eyes to monitor your child’s needs. A one-on-one Sidekick may support your child for several weeks, months, or years as needed.
The goal of a Sidekick is to provide one-on-one support for only as long as it’s needed. Your child may have a developmental breakthrough in CFC Kids at any point. When they’re able to stay in the room using the same supports as their peers, their Sidekick can begin to work with a new family who needs them.
What do CFC Kids Sidekicks do?
- Sidekicks help every child who attends CFC Kids have a safe and meaningful service, regardless of physical, sensory, cognitive, developmental, or emotional differences.
- Sidekicks work closely with Coaches.
- Sidekicks keep all children safe by closely assisting an individual child who needs more support.
- Sidekicks can be a regular one-on-one support for a child when assigned by CFC Kids staff. Sidekicks can use the sensory room to offer a “break” to the child they support when authorized in writing by parents.
- Sidekicks are on-call to help with any child who needs extra support for any reason at any time.
Steps To Match Your Child To a Sidekick:
- Complete the registration form HERE.
- We will set up a time to do a Parent Intake meeting. This is where we can get to know your child’s needs and determine how to best serve your child. The information you provide on this intake form will be considered confidential. It will be used to help us better understand God’s handiwork in your child, and his or her unique gifts and needs. We will use this information to match him or her with a Sidekick and ensure that they are trained to your child’s specific needs.
- We will then set up a time for you and your child to meet your Sidekick and get to know each other.
- Your child and the Sidekick will attend the Children’s ministry class together.
We look forward to meeting you and your child. It is our mission in this ministry to help each child learn and understand who they are in Christ. We want to come alongside your family to provide support however we can. We believe that each Child is a special gift from God. He says in His word … “I praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made…” Psalm 139:14. We also believe that God has set a plan for each of His children. He says in His word… “For I know the plans for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11. Lastly, we believe in the undeniable power of God. He has a specific plan and purpose for each of His children…”For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago.” Ephesians 2:10
To apply to become a Sidekick, please complete our CFC Kids application process.